Photography Basics Course
Amsterdam’s Photography Basics Course. Learn how to use your camera to take better photos
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This Amsterdam based Photography Course will teach you how to get the most from your digital camera by understanding the basics of photography. The mission of this course is not only for you to learn theory, but to put that theory into practice. Be more in control of your camera and get the results you want.
- Use a digital camera to create well-composed images with proper exposure and color balance.
- To understand the basic concepts of Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO
- To create an exposure in the manual mode
- The creative techniques of depth of field and movement control
- To recognize and work with Fluorescent, tungsten and daylight
- The techniques of dealing with bright light and lack of light situations, including night photography.
- To make use of available light, built-in flash, and use a tripod or other stable surfaces to solve low light issues.
HOW IT WORKS
Class Set-up: Learn by doing
Each class will include a concise lecture and visual presentation on the subject of the day. Then it’s time to put your new knowledge to use. The second half of the class you will be doing exercises with your camera.
Homework & Image Review
You will then be given the opportunity to master the skill in creative out of class assignments and receive feedback on your images in class
Course Photo ShootEach course consists of one Saturday field Trip the class will decide the location together with their instructor.
- Knowledge: This course is appropriate for most particpates looking to improve their photography, no previous knowledge required. We start with the correct way to hold the camera and go on to cover advanced photo techniques.
- Equipment: A camera that allows for adjustment of aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
What’s included: 6 class course (5 classes & 1 Saturday Field Trip), a 20 pages course booklet and access to our online educational portal.
Class Size: 11 students
Gift Certificates Available: Yes
€320 excl. BTW
Dates: Oct. 26, Nov. 2nd, Nov. 9th, Nov. 16th, (Field Trip Nov. 20th) Nov. 30th
Times: 19:00-21:00 [Field Trip on Nov. 20th is 14:00-16:00]
Location: Oudeschans 21, 1011KS Amsterdam
Click to Enroll
Behind The Scenes
*The Photography Basics Course is a prerequisite for our Advanced Workshops.
Do you want to be the first to know when new workshops are announced?Subscribe Now