Photography Basics Course in Amsterdam
Our most popular event, 12 years and running. Learn how to use your camera to take better photos with this hands-on course.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
We host the most hands-on photography course of all time. This Amsterdam based Photography Course will teach you how to get the most from your camera by understanding the basics of photography. The mission of this course is not only for you to learn theory, but to put that theory into practice. Be more in control of your camera and get the results you want.
- Create photos at every lesson and build your portfolio.
- Learn how to use composition techniques to transform your photography and create unique images.
- Understand the basic concepts of Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO
- Learn to create an exposure in the manual mode
- Create images using depth of field and movement control
- Learn how to deal with bright light and lack of light situations, including night photography.
HOW IT WORKS
Learn by doing
Each class you will be doing exercises with your camera after the visual presentation on the subject of the day.
Weekly Photo Reviews
Recieve feedback on your images every week, discuss the images and learn from each other in a supportive group.
Course Photo ShootDuring the course field trip you will photograph on-location at NDSM Werf together with your fellow classmates and your instructor.
Creative CommunityEach course has a whatsapp group so you can communicate with your classmates & Instructor as well as a google classroom where you can access all the course material online. We want to support you and watch your work develop.
- Knowledge: This course is appropriate for everyone looking to improve their photography, no previous knowledge required.
- Equipment: A camera that allows for adjustment of aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
Course: 6 class course (5 classes & 1 Saturday Field Trip)
Class Size: 9 students
Gift Certificates Available: Yes
*Any course that can’t take place due to Covid measures is guaranteed and will be available for rescheduling and/ or refund.
Dates: Sept. 13th, Sept. 20th, Sept. 27th, Oct. 4th, [Field Trip Oct. 8th] Oct. 11th
Times: 19:00-21:00 [Field Trip on Oct. 8th is 14:00-16:00]
Location: Oudeschans 21, 1011KS Amsterdam
Click to Enroll
*The Photography Basics Course is a prerequisite for our Advanced Workshops.
BEHIND THE SCENES
Take a look at photography created during each lesson of the course
Do you want to be the first to know when new workshops are announced?Subscribe Now