WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This Amsterdam and The Hague based Photography Course will teach you how to get the most from your digital camera by understanding the basics of photography. The mission of this course is not only for you to learn theory, but to put that theory into practice. Be more in control of your camera and get the results you want.
- Use a digital camera to create well-composed images with proper exposure and color balance.
- To understand the basic concepts of Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO
- To create an exposure in the manual mode
- The creative techniques of depth of field and movement control
- To recognize and work with Fluorescent, tungsten and daylight
- The techniques of dealing with bright light and lack of light situations, including night photography.
- To make use of available light, built-in flash, and use a tripod or other stable surfaces to solve low light issues.
CLASS SET-UP. LEARN BY DOING:
- Each class will include a concise lecture and visual presentation on the subject of the day.
- Then it’s time to put your new knowledge to use. The second half of the class you will be doing exercises with your camera.
- You will then be given the opportunity to master the skill in creative out of class assignments and receive feedback on your images in class
- Each class also consists of one Saturday field Trip which will take place at Hortus Botanicus and the nearby Wertheimpark or Den Haag city center.
What is Included:
- Full 6 class course (5 classes & 1 field trip)
- Digital Photography Basics 20 pages course booklet
- Access to our photography references and instructional video
Spring course is sold out. To be the first to know when the fall dates are released please sign up for our newsletter below.
AMSTERDAM COURSE 6 Lessons: €290 excl. BTW
Dates: 2/4, 9/4, 16/4, 23/4, [Sunday field trip 27/4] 7/5
Times: 19:00-21:00 (Field Trip on April. 27th is 13:00-15:00)
Location: Kleine Gartmanplantsoen 10, 1017 RR Amsterdam
Instructors: Megan Alter, Kjell Leknes, Ramon Misser, Gaston Tagni, Charles Groeneveld
Class Size: 12 students
Language: All classes are taught in English
Requirements: Digital camera with Manual options which allows for adjustments of “Aperture” and “Shutter speed”.
Price: 290 (exclusive BTW)
What people are saying:
“The course completely changed my approach to taking photos – I think more about the desired end result and I know all the different options I can use” -Yvonne Baer
“I was looking for a class under 300 euro. The content was great. Even after the first 2 classes, i felt so much more empowered to get the results I wanted. The tech know-how enabled me to be/feel more creative-> remove the mystery and enable the magic. I have really enjoyed your teaching style, very clear and easy to follow. Thank you” -Jen Orum
“The “Hands-on” approach was perhaps the most interesting feature of the course. It helped me explore all the modes and definitions, angles, light, etc. I am definitely more motivated to use my camera now.” -João Almeida
Do you want to be the first to know when a new class date is announced? Sign up for our newsletter
Have questions? Take a look at our frequently asked questions
If a student misses a class they can go over the material/exercises on their own. The course booklet covers the material for each lesson, along with the in class exercises and homework. An instructor also stays 15 minutes after each lesson, for questions.
It is not possible to be refunded for the price of the course.
Courses are held three times per year.
Fall Courses - Start the last week of September
Winter Courses - Start the first week of February
Spring Courses - Start mid-April
If these dates don’t work for you, you can consider taking one on one lessons, view the details here
If the course dates don’t fit your schedule or you are eager to start, you can consider taking one on one lessons. Please view the details about one on one photography lessons here here
Yes, all the courses are in English.
From 6 to 12.
If you would like to buy the course as a gift. Simple register in with your own name/ email for billing purposes. When you make your bank transfer, simply write in the comments section “Gift for- Name of the person”. All the information about the course will be sent to your email which you can forward after the gift if given.
We offer gift certificates for courses and private lessons. If you would like to request a gift certificate, please send us an email.
If you can not take the course for some reason, a refund is possible, if you let us know 7 days before the first class. Since we reserve you a place in the course, a refund is not possible if you cancel within 7 days before the course starts or when the course has already begun regardless of circumstances.
• Once registration is made you will be sent payment instruction. After payment is received you will get an email with details about the first class.
• The full course price must be paid ahead of time to reserve your spot. Payment via bank to bank transfer is accepted.
• Please double-check the web page for information on what equipment you will need to bring, timetables and locations.
• If the course or workshop has sold too few places, we reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule it. If this happens delegates will be informed immediately to re-arrange the workshop, or to refund any money paid.
•If the venue cancels or proves unreliable, we reserve the right to change the location of the course.
Cancellation Policy: As the costs for each course / workshop remain the same no matter how many delegates attend, please note that just like any pre-booked tickets for the theatre, concert, flights etc, we are unable to give any refund in the event of non-attendance, regardless of the circumstances, unless canceled 7 days in advance.