Real Shoot Experience: Sin City
Experience what it’s like to be a professional photographer for a day and build your portfolio
This spring 2016, our Real Shoot Experience: Sin City edition, will teach you about night photography and give you chance to experiment with your flash. In this event, we will give you pro tips for shooting at night and help you create impressive landscape nighttime images of Amsterdam. Then of course, you will also get the opportunity to photograph our models styled in our Sin City theme!
HOW IT WORKS
Preproduction meeting for PhotographersThis date is to help everyone prepare and get great results. We will give tips and tricks as well as instructions of how to avoid common mistakes. We will teach you how to prepare a mood board for the day as well as explaining exactly what to expect for the day in terms of models, location and shooting times.
Real Shoot Experience Shooting WorkshopThe workshop will have 2-3 models and each model will be in a different setting. You will get instruction and a chance to work with each model.
Post-production MeetingHere you will bring your results from the event and we will give you feedback and retouching advice. We will also give a short demo in Lightroom and Photoshop illustrating the most important techniques.
Exposure:You have the opportunity to submit your photos for use on theModeCode online fashion journal. The most fashion forward images will be featured on the site with the photographer’s credits.
What you will experience
Learn by doing in a supportive environment surrounded by creative people excited to learn.
Does the idea of working with models excite you? Would you like to take your creative ideas to the next level? Fire your shutter in a 4-hour, intensive, real live shoot experience. You are invited to reign, guided by pro’s, while learning advanced habits, tricks, and tools by doing and observing. We shoot at dynamic locations with an array of props and professional lighting, all laid out. Our TV and movie themes combined with a team of amazing models, styling, and make-up will give you the perfect chance to create beautiful images.
- Equipment: A camera that allows for adjustment of aperture and shutter speed. Your camera must also have a flash shoe in order to sync with the lighting. Don’t know what a flash shoe is? check HERE
- A flash for on camera or off camera use and a tripod.
- Knowledge: You must understand how to use your camera and have advanced photography knowledge. If not, check out our Digital Photography Basics and Advanced Digital Photography courses to get you prepared.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Instructions for how to prepare for a photo shoot
- Photography advice and tips
- On location shoot with props
- Models styled according to the theme of the workshop
- Retouching advice for your photos
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING?
Do you want to be the first to know when a Real Shoot Experience is announced?Subscribe Now
Have questions? Take a look at our frequently asked questions
If a student misses a class they can go over the material/exercises on their own. The course booklet covers the material for each lesson, along with the in class exercises and homework. An instructor also stays 15 minutes after each lesson, for questions.
It is not possible to be refunded for the price of the course.
Courses are held three times per year.
Fall Courses – Start the last week of September
Winter Courses – Start the first week of February
Spring Courses – Start mid-April
If these dates don’t work for you, you can consider taking one on one lessons, view the details here
If the course dates don’t fit your schedule or you are eager to start, you can consider taking one on one lessons. Please view the details about one on one photography lessons here here
Yes, all the courses are in English.
From 6 to 12.
If you would like to buy the course as a gift. Simple register in with your own name/ email for billing purposes. When you make your bank transfer, simply write in the comments section “Gift for- Name of the person”. All the information about the course will be sent to your email which you can forward after the gift if given.
We offer gift certificates for courses and private lessons. If you would like to request a gift certificate, please send us an email.
If you can not take the course for some reason, a refund is possible, if you let us know 7 days before the first class. Since we reserve you a place in the course, a refund is not possible if you cancel within 7 days before the course starts or when the course has already begun regardless of circumstances.
• Once registration is made you will be sent payment instruction. After payment is received you will get an email with details about the first class.
• The full course price must be paid ahead of time to reserve your spot. Payment via bank to bank transfer is accepted.
• Please double-check the web page for information on what equipment you will need to bring, timetables and locations.
• If the course or workshop has sold too few places, we reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule it. If this happens delegates will be informed immediately to re-arrange the workshop, or to refund any money paid.
•If the venue cancels or proves unreliable, we reserve the right to change the location of the course.
Cancellation Policy: As the costs for each course / workshop remain the same no matter how many delegates attend, please note that just like any pre-booked tickets for the theatre, concert, flights etc, we are unable to give any refund in the event of non-attendance, regardless of the circumstances, unless canceled 7 days in advance.
Wednesday Mar. 9th 2016: 19;00-21;00
Real shoot experience workshop:
Saturday Mar. 12th 2016: 16;30-20;30
Wednesday Mar. 16th 2016: 19;00-21;00
Price: 250 euro (exclusive BTW) 10% discount for returning photographers
Don’t delay, we have space for 10 photographers to join our annual event!
*This workshop is full, registrations below will be put on the waiting list encase a spot becomes available*Click to Enroll
Previous Real Shoot Experience events:
Game of ThronesInterview with the Vampire Mad Men Kill Bill