Advanced Digital Photography Course
Learn by doing, find your voice, take your photography to the next level
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Increase your awareness of light and composition. Learn to see the way the camera sees.
- Develop your style through focusing on your interests and realizing the impact of your images.
- Increase your technical and creative problem solving abilities when approaching a shot.
HOW WE DO IT
- We will increase your technical abilities by creating a library of techniques to draw when approaching a shot. We will do this by looking at specific photography areas of portraits, macro, travel, flash and landscape.
- We will focus on style development through in and out of class shooting exercises and reviews of work. Pay attention to what qualities are attractive to you in other photos. Examine them by subject, elements, and theme.
Do you want to be the first to know when a new class date is announced?Subscribe Now
Have questions? Take a look at our frequently asked questions
If a student misses a class they can go over the material/exercises on their own. The course booklet covers the material for each lesson, along with the in class exercises and homework. An instructor also stays 15 minutes after each lesson, for questions.
It is not possible to be refunded for the price of the course.
Courses are held three times per year.
Fall Courses – Start the last week of September
Winter Courses – Start the first week of February
Spring Courses – Start mid-April
If these dates don’t work for you, you can consider taking one on one lessons, view the details here
If the course dates don’t fit your schedule or you are eager to start, you can consider taking one on one lessons. Please view the details about one on one photography lessons here here
Yes, all the courses are in English.
From 6 to 12.
If you would like to buy the course as a gift. Simple register in with your own name/ email for billing purposes. When you make your bank transfer, simply write in the comments section “Gift for- Name of the person”. All the information about the course will be sent to your email which you can forward after the gift if given.
We offer gift certificates for courses and private lessons. If you would like to request a gift certificate, please send us an email.
If you can not take the course for some reason, a refund is possible, if you let us know 7 days before the first class. Since we reserve you a place in the course, a refund is not possible if you cancel within 7 days before the course starts or when the course has already begun regardless of circumstances.
• Once registration is made you will be sent payment instruction. After payment is received you will get an email with details about the first class.
• The full course price must be paid ahead of time to reserve your spot. Payment via bank to bank transfer is accepted.
• Please double-check the web page for information on what equipment you will need to bring, timetables and locations.
• If the course or workshop has sold too few places, we reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule it. If this happens delegates will be informed immediately to re-arrange the workshop, or to refund any money paid.
•If the venue cancels or proves unreliable, we reserve the right to change the location of the course.
Cancellation Policy: As the costs for each course / workshop remain the same no matter how many delegates attend, please note that just like any pre-booked tickets for the theatre, concert, flights etc, we are unable to give any refund in the event of non-attendance, regardless of the circumstances, unless canceled 7 days in advance.
€320 excl. BTW
Dates: May 17th, May 24th, May 31th, Jun. 7th (Saturday Field Trip Jun. 10th) and Jun. 14th.
[Field Trip on Jun. 10th is 13:00-15:00]
Location: Herengracht 104, 1015BS Amsterdam Click to Enroll
Must know digital photography basic skills, including understanding exposure triangle and knowing how to operate your camera. You should be comfortable shooting in manual mode and have full understanding of the effects shutter speed and aperture. If you aren’t there yet, check out our Digital Photography Basics Course.
Class will be taught by Jan
Class Size: 10 students
Language:All classes are taught in English